1. In a large bowl combine flour, salt and yeast.
2. Check temperature of water with a few drops on forearm. Too hot or cold will damage the yeast and pizza won’t rise. Tepid water will be the same temperature as your arm.
3. Make a hollow in the center of flour mixture and add water and olive oil.
4. Stir until thoroughly combined, then knead for 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft free spot. Proof dough until it doubles in size, approximately 2 hours. If you want an amazing crust, proofing overnight or for up to 24 hours in the fridge is even better. It develops a really rich aroma and taste.
6. While dough is raising, or warming, prepare remaining ingredients. Cold proofed dough needs about 2 hours to come to room temperature.
7. Peel, core and thinly slice the onion. Slice mushrooms.
8. Chop green peppers into ¼” pieces.
9. Heat a sauté pan until a drop of water bounces in pan. This will sear the chicken breast and keep it tender.
10. Add the chicken breasts. Cook first side until chicken lifts easily. Turn to sear the other side, then reduce heat. Chicken must reach 160F degrees to be safe.
11. Remove chicken breast and set aside to rest.
12. Do not wash the pan. In the same pan, add a bit of olive oil and sauté onions, green peppers and mushrooms.
13. Slice chicken into ¼” slices.
14. Preheat oven or smoker to 450 degrees. (The pizza in the photo was baked on a baking sheet in our smoker.)
15. When dough is ready to work, punch down and divide in two. Fold the dough in half a few times before rolling.
16. Sprinkle flour on the counter and on your rolling pin. Roll dough into 2 large circles or rectangles.
17. Place dough on lightly greased baking sheets or pizza pans.
18. Set the pizzas aside to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
19. Combine Black Gold jam with cream cheese and divide between pizzas, spreading to cover dough from edge to edge.
20. Distribute chicken slices over Black Gold mixture on each pizza. Follow with the mushroom mixture.
21. Coarsely grate mozzarella and sprinkle overall. We prefer a thinner layer of ingredients as you really taste all the flavours, not just cheese.
22. Shake a bit of chili flake over top.
23. Bake pizzas for 12 to 15 minutes, or until pizza crust is golden brown.